Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Semester adventures

This semester has flown by. I have pushed myself harder this semester than I think I ever have before. Some of the highlights are taking 16 credit hours (8 is full time for graduate students), working 30 hours a week, and finding new friends and climbing partners.

There are still two weeks left in the semester, and simply put they threaten to diminish the little amount of sleep that I get even further. But, as we are counseled to lead balanced lives, I have also been pursuing many fun adventures with friends, both new and old. Below are a few pictures from places I have been, things I have done, and the friends I have made.

04/01/2012 - Mt. Nebo (North Summit: 11,928 ft, Base camp 10,400 ft)

Me and my tent at base camp

Ryan at Base Camp 

 If you look carefully you will see me at the top of middle summit of Mt. Nebo... after an awesome traverse across some class 5 climbing.

In the middle right you will see me making the final push for the North Summit (11,928 ft)

Summit picture in all it's glory!

  Friends at South Summit as I am already making the ascent to Middle summit in the back ground

 
North Summit at day break
 Back at base camp getting some calories.





02/18/2012 - Silver Lake (Cross Country Skiing and some snow showing)

Our Porcupine friend at 8,500 ft.



Reaching the Lake


Lunch at Silver Lake... frozen lake that is.

The descent... Running down a mountain side in deep powder is almost equivalent to floating (1) Lunch  (2) Charlie running off the steepest part of the descent (3) Jake following suite (4) The only people around.








At the end of the day I guess cross country skiing isn't too bad of a sport... Aunt Sue, this was my first time and I couldn't stop thinking about all the adventures you have had cross country skiing.






02/05/2012 - Flat Top Mountain (10,620 ft)

The summit crew

No comments:

Post a Comment